Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users: We are aware there may be some compatibility issues between macOS High Sierra and Mozy. Your backed up data remains protected. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Latest from the Blog: Thinking About Signing Up for MozyPro?
Are you a new customer looking to protect your business data? Or maybe you're a MozyHome user who needs to make sure their work-related documents are protected and are thinking of upgrading to MozyPro? See why you should and how to do it in today's post...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
In case you missed it, today's webinar has been posted!
zachm
Admin Emeritus

(408)

Mozy Community Registration Promotion AGAIN?!

This promotion is now over. Thank you for participating.

Are you a Mozy Home Free customer that needs more storage but already referred all of your friends? Are you a Mozy Home customer that would like a free month of backup?

Well now referrals aren't the only way to get free storage!  Back by popular demand!!!  For the next eight weeks we are running a promotion in the community.

It's very easy. If you register for an account in the community we will add 256MB of storage to your Mozy Home Free account. The storage will be added at the end of the promotional period. Once you register for a community membership then you can make a comment on this blog article for an additional 256MB of storage. It doesn't end there though. Make a post in our idea exchange, comment on another blog, start a thread or comment on a thread and we will give you and additional 256MB of storage per post. The maximum storage provided will be 1GB, so that means if you register for a membership in the community, post on this blog and then write two other posts elsewhere in the community, you will get a total of 1GB additional storage.

We know there are already quite a few members of the community with Mozy Home Free accounts so we are extending this offer to you as well. Simply comment below and we will be happy to apply the storage to your account after the promotion ends. You may also write up to an additional three posts throughout the community to get a total of 1GB of additional storage.

We don't want to leave out our Mozy Home paid customers during this promotion so if you register for a community account and then make a comment below, we will extend your account one month for free. The total I can give is one month of free service so simply register and post below. But please feel free to use the general discussion boards if you have questions about Mozy or need assistance.

If anyone has support related questions then please post them on the appropriate board. This board is simply so I can track the members of the community that want to be involved in this promotion. We will be holding a few contests and promotions this year so stay tuned. If you are a reseller, please don't think we forgot about you! We have a contest just for you!  If anyone has any questions for me about this promotion then please post them below or send me a Private Message. I'll get back to you as quick as possible. This promotion doesn't have many rules but please be considerate of the Community Guidelines and don't forget to check out the New to the Community section.

If you need assistance, please create a post in one of the numerous forum discussion boards.  Afterall, that is why we are having this promotion!

This promotion is now over. Thank you for participating.

Comments

sunstone

Visitor

How do I receive credit if I have to make up another email address?

0 Reps
dwil49
Villager

(0)

Nice to include existing paid customers. Have never been disappointed with Mozy.

0 Reps
Mozy_RBJ
Villager

(0)

Way to go Mozy...needed a little more free space!

0 Reps
Mozy_LSMJ
Villager

(0)

Thanks Mozy. Can always use more space!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Reps
theodosius
Villager

(0)

Like pdpco, I couldn't find how to register for the community at first, and then finally got there by going to "New to the Community?"  You might want to make the process clearer, perhaps by including a hyperlink in your message about the promotion.

0 Reps
joemozy
Spy

(4)

Great offer - thank Mozy.  Your program is very easy to use and VERY helpful.  Joe

0 Reps
crmc
Villager

(0)

I registered for a community account. Looking forward to a free month!

0 Reps
cjzurcher
Villager

(0)

I can't think of any technical questions, but thanks for the free month. I've recovered a few files and been glad I've been able to thanks to Mozy. There's one I lost years ago before Mozy and that would have been worth the price itself.

0 Reps
bsharrio
Villager

(0)

Thank you for this offer.  I really do like Mozy, and feel safe knowing that my files are backed up.

0 Reps
mk1659
Villager

(0)

Works for me.  

0 Reps
TerribleTs
Villager

(0)

Thanks for the extra space.  It was getting a little tight.

TerribleTs

0 Reps
Risako
Villager

(0)

Yay, free!  I <3 Mozy ^_^

0 Reps
WildBill
Villager

(0)

Thanks for the extra space.  I'm happy to say that I've been backing up with Mozy for years and have never had to do a restore.  Uh, oh.  Just jinxed myself!

0 Reps
striker_...

Sensei Level 1

(38)

wonderful....thank you mozy for helping out free users!!!

0 Reps
ibear
Elite Level 2

(14)

Mozy Home is an essential piece of my backup plan.  The 300 GB of photos - that I never look at - those on the detachable hard drive; but the essential shared family files - that goes to Mozy.

Thanks for the added storage!

0 Reps

JR1914

Visitor

I've had a 145GB subscription to Mozy for about 5 years.  Previous to having Mozy, I lost all my data 3 times!!  It was very painful each time.  I don't want to go through that again!  Now I am trying to get my pc & laptop synced with Mozy Sync.  Even though I am not adding any new files, but having MOVED my desired files ito the Sync folder has caused the computers AND Mozy Sync to be busing DOING STUFF, uploading EVERYTHING....and it's taking forever! 

My suggestion would be to have Mozy Sync somehow REALIZE  that this is NOT new data that needs to be UPLOADED, but just SHIFTED from 1 folder to another.  And don't tell me this is the case, because if it were to be the case, then why is it not readily apparent?  This is taking even longer than the initial backup.  I wonder if each auxiliary laptop is going to have to ALSO upload everything, or just for the 1st computer that Sync's?

ALSO, as I've mentioned before, I feel that our GUI needs MORE CONTROL over what is going on, and how to make it STOP if that is not what we want to happen.  If would be nice to have control possibilities to TELL Sync that, let's say:  these 3 folder HERE I want to place in the Sync folder.    Thus, NO UPLOADING.

0 Reps
kruuzer92
Student

(0)

Thanks for the offer!  Just registered.  Got to admit.  Mozy is truly set and forget it.

0 Reps
hockeynerd
Villager

(0)

Thank you for offering this promotion 

I have been a mozy home customer for many years

0 Reps

MallardOR

Visitor

I have the 125 GB package that I pay for two years at a time. I love it! I have never had to do a real restore, I have only done periodic test restores, but I love the piece of mid that it gives me.

0 Reps
Andy_R
Cook

(3)

Thanks for the promotion. Used Mozy for  a long time, but so far only once needed the backup!

0 Reps
RonEllis
Cook

(1)

I'm a long-time personal and professional user of Mozy and MozyPro.  The services and administrative features are generally very good, and we have two actual 'saved' clients whose hard disks failed and whose systems were repaired and restored thanks to Mozy!  Add occasional file recoveries to those stories and we're convinced that backup is a good investment and that Mozy is a great way to back up!

Thanks,

Ron Ellis

0 Reps
rjen
Cook

(0)

Thanks for the extra space. I've been using Mozy Mac for years and fortunately haven't needed to recover any files yet (my primary Time Machine backup has sufficed). I hope I never do, but peace of mind is nice.

0 Reps
jeffwright
Assassin

(1)

Looking forward to the extra space!

0 Reps
jutamind
Villager

(0)

I'm existing Mozy Free account user and already have community nickname/account. will i still get the 256MB?

0 Reps
pjh5000
Villager

(0)

Mozy is amazing!  Smiley Happy

0 Reps
Cosmin
Cook

(1)

mozy is fire and forghet. it just does it's job. tnx for the promo!

0 Reps
goutam2014
Warrior

(4)

thanks for this offer

0 Reps
wagnerpack
Villager

(0)

Thank You  Mozy

0 Reps
goutam2014
Warrior

(4)

Hi I have registered on the community, posted on discussions etc  . WHen wil I get the free space?

0 Reps
Al1
Villager

(0)

Thank you Mozy !

0 Reps