Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users: We are aware there may be some compatibility issues between macOS High Sierra and Mozy. Your backed up data remains protected. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Latest from the Blog: Thinking About Signing Up for MozyPro?
Are you a new customer looking to protect your business data? Or maybe you're a MozyHome user who needs to make sure their work-related documents are protected and are thinking of upgrading to MozyPro? See why you should and how to do it in today's post...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
In case you missed it, today's webinar has been posted!
angelag
Community Manager

(1237)

Mozy Community Feedback Giveaway

This contest is now complete. Thank you to all who entered and good luck!

MozyGiveaway.png

Big changes are afoot here in the Mozy Community...

We've made the exciting decision to revamp the Mozy Community and make some fantastic new improvements to the way it looks, how it's used, and what you get from using the Mozy Community. It's time that we bring the Mozy Community forward with us as we grow and develop during the upcoming year, and we really want to make sure our new community better serves our trusted Mozy customers and friends.

How do we know what will serve you better? Well, we're asking you...

That's right, we want to hear your feedback about the Mozy Community-and in return we're giving five lucky winners a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Yep, you heard that right-you could win an Amazon gift card just by sharing your opinion. We know you'd do it for free, but hey-we like giving stuff away. Smiley Wink

So, whether you're an active Community member or someone who would like to use the Community more, make sure you leave us a meaningful comment regarding your opinion on the Mozy Community and enter using the giveaway form linked below.

Enter to Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card

Are you ready for a chance to win! Great! We recommend taking a moment first to register for the Mozy Community so we can easily respond to your comments and reach out to you if you are a winner.

How to Enter the Giveaway (Mandatory Entry)

Leave a meaningful comment on this blog post providing feedback on the Mozy Community. Here are some talking points:

• What do you like/dislike about the current Mozy Community?
  • What do you wish the Community offered?
  • What would you like to see in a Mozy Community redesign?
  • What would encourage you to be more involved in the Community?
  • Anything else you think we should know regarding your experience using the Mozy Community?

Additional Entry (Optional Entry)

Follow @mozysupport on Twitter, then leave a separate comment telling us you followed and what your Twitter username is.

Additional Entry (Optional Entry)

Tweet about this giveaway (link to the giveaway required) and comment with a link to your tweet. Here's a Tweet Script:

I just provided valuable feedback to @mozysupport and entered for a chance to #win a $50 Amazon gift card! #giveaway http://community.mozy.com/t5/Community-Blog/Mozy-Community-Feedback-Giveaway/ba-p/90905

Terms and Conditions

Giveaway is open to residents of the USA only and ends at 12AM on 3/27/17. Winners will be drawn at random via the Rafflecopter widget using Radom.org. Winners will be announced here on the blog and contacted via private message in the Mozy community. All entries will be verified. Employees and family members of employees are not eligible to win. Amazon and social media companies are not sponsoring, nor have any affiliation/knowledge related to this giveaway. Mozy reserves the right to obtain and publicize winner's names and likeness and retains the right to decide if a comment/post is valid. Comments publicizing other companies/entities will be removed and entry will be invalidated. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Entering the giveaway agrees to all terms and conditions.

Comments
ShawnL
Community Manager

(625)

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will help us improve the community in the future! Thank you for participating!

0 Reps
JaredG

(706)

Yes, please let us know what you think of the Mozy community forums with any ideas for change regarding any aspect of the community from the way the forums are managed and used to website interaction. 

0 Reps
cvz
Elite Level 1

(25)

too much white space. look at all the white space! 

cvz
Elite Level 1

(25)

also the margins to the left and right of the text area is way too large. nobody has square monitors anymore, widen the margins

cvz
Elite Level 1

(25)

I don't know much but I think it is called a twitter handle. also your link is too long. Twitter has character limits

angelag
Community Manager

(1237)

Hi @cvz,

Thanks so much for the feedback! The margins and white space are definitely things we're looking into in the re-design.

As for Twitter, the username and handle are one in the same. We also tested the link and it actually isn't too long. Twitter does have a 140 character limit but the link only counts towards 20 characters of that limit since they auto-shorten links on Twitter.

If you follow us on Twitter and tweet for the additional entries please make sure to link to your tweet and leave your handle so we can verify the entry. Smiley Happy Good luck!

0 Reps
cvz
Elite Level 1

(25)

@angelag Thank you for the incredible insight. I don't know much about Twitter and I was probably just being snobby. Just FYI, I got a message saying that I ranked up and then it said something about a story. Then it gave me an error when I tried to click on that. So maybe that could be another recommendation.  I took a screen shot but when I click the add image button it brings up a weird window that does everything except let me attach a picture. I took a screen shot of that too but then I remembered, I can't add a picture. 

angelag
Community Manager

(1237)

@cvz,

Oh yeah, it looks like you jumped up from Villager to Spy today, congrats! I just tested the add image button here and it's working for me, maybe your browser is having an issue? Can you try from another browser?

If you need any help, see this KB: How to Attach a Screenshot to Your Mozy Community Post

0 Reps

rollthembonesnightly

Visitor

Update your avatars probably. What about a Vegas theme?

ShawnL
Community Manager

(625)

@cvz @rollthembonesnightly - These are great suggestions! Thanks so much for your feedback!

@rollthembonesnightly - Make sure and register with the community so we can contact you if you win!

How to Register for the Mozy Community

0 Reps
cvz
Elite Level 1

(25)

@angelag

can't add attachments to blog posts. but this link causes issues on multiple machines browsers reboots incognito, etc... I'm not too concerned personally, it was just an FYI: http://community.mozy.com/t5/CommunityStory/ct-p/communitystory

0 Reps
SHinSF
Elite Level 1

(16)

Likes: the great responses I get from both Mozy staff and other Mozy users.

Dislikes (not really a dislike, more like a request): emails that tell me that I have a private message that turns out to be an announcement of a new contest.  Save the private messages for private messages, not general announcements.  Put the announcement in the email.

Suggestion for improvement: remove old discussions that are no longer applicable to current versions of Mozy. This is actually a pet peeve that applies to all discussion boards, not specific to Mozy, Searching for an answer to a question and then getting a bunch of results that are no longer pertinent is a waste of time.  If you don't want to delete old discussions, archive them somehow so they don't show up in search results (Google does this on the Android Play store - you can select only reviews of the latest version of an app)

ShawnL
Community Manager

(625)

@SHinSF - Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! It would certainly be easier to see the entire message in the body of the contact email instead of just the link. Great idea and absolutely something we should update. 

dommm
Samurai Level 1

(64)

This community forum has helped me more then once & I gotta be honest & say what ain't broke don't fix & I don't think anything is broke here. Keep up the good work mozy!

Crag_Hack
Sensei Level 1

(54)

A couple suggestions:

Get rid of the profile/new to community/most liked users/top solution authors boxes on the left of the home page.  They take up valuable screen space and nobody cares about that stuff.

Also a very minor display inconsistency - when you click to expand the forum/tutorials/idea exchange/blogs/top threads sections if the mouse is in between the label and the + or - sign clicking will expand/collapse the section but the cursor will be an arrow not a hand.  If you hover above the label or +/- it will be a hand.

Crag_Hack
Sensei Level 1

(54)

ShawnL
Community Manager

(625)

@dommm - Thanks for the positive feedback! We really appreciate it! 

ShawnL
Community Manager

(625)

@Crag_Hack - Thanks for your awesome feedback and for the tweet!

0 Reps
ShawnL
Community Manager

(625)

@rollthembonesnightly - Make sure and register with the community so we can contact you if you win!

0 Reps
IreneLinda
Sensei Level 1

(51)

This applies to the whole site as well as the Community.

The redesigned site is very hard for me to read. The fonts and the colors are much paler than they were, making reading your pages very challenging.

Are you able to maintain the new design but darken the fonts and colors? Sure hope so. Those of us with vision issues find the pale grays and washed out greens challenging.

Thank you,

Linda

ShawnL
Community Manager

(625)

@IreneLinda - Thanks so much for posting your feedback!

The original post can also be found in the Idea Exchange:

New Site Accessibility

SamuelMoses

Visitor

Its all rather squished together isn't it? The blogs would feel less swamped and narrow if you used more of the real estate on the page. It doesn't look as bad on the main pages of the site. 

Perhaps an avatar refresh would do you some good. The moderator avatars look much better, although even those are somewhat small and hard to see detail. 

SamuelMoses

Visitor

Additionally the registration is strange. I am already a Mozy Free user but I have to register again for the community? It's sort of confusing and another step I would rather not have to go through. 

Sorry for second post. I can't edit as a visitor?

IreneLinda
Sensei Level 1

(51)

You're most welcome, Shawn. Don't know how you keep up with all this, but I'm impressed that you do!!

Linda

ShawnL
Community Manager

(625)

@SamuelMoses - Thank you for all of your feedback! Make sure and register with the community so we can contact you if you win!

0 Reps
ShawnL
Community Manager

(625)

@IreneLinda - I'm not sure either! Smiley Very Happy

Have a great weekend!

rachandron

Visitor

I saw your tweet. Do I just post here?

ShawnL
Community Manager

(625)

@rachandron - Yep that's right! Just post your feedback about the community in the comment box at the bottom of the page and you will be entered to win. 

Since you're a visitor, make sure and register with the community so we can contact you if you win!

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback! 

0 Reps
Wayward
Overlord Level 1

(737)

My suggestions are probably not too unique ... but here are some thoughts.

1. Increase the number of characters in each line of a response message.  Perhaps it can be maintained at the same width (characters) as the message creation screen.  A reasonably short paragraph in the message creation screen becomes a significantly long paragraph is the posted message.  There is a fine readability balance between line width and paragraph size.
  2. I agree with other comments about improving the array of available Emoticons.
  3. In the blog, there seems to be only the ability to Quote the original blog post.  When there is a good blog discussion, it would be helpful to have the Quote option available for individual replies.  From time to time I have done a copy and paste in order to clarify a response.  Or maybe I'm just confused about Quote in the blog section.  Smiley Wink
  4. And finally ... It would be nice to Mozy Sync section of the Community support area.  I'm not sure how to drive more messages to that area ... maybe Sync is very intuitive after it's up and running, and doesn't too much Community support.  Hmmmm.

Wayward
Overlord Level 1

(737)

Two more items ...

1. I follow Mozy on Twitter .... @Wayward_James
  2. I just sent a Tweet discussing my participation in this giveaway project

Happy to "dive in."