Threads Date
Cannot back up 08-14-2017
install errors 08-14-2017
File access 08-13-2017
Internet Explorer Fav... 08-12-2017
Restoring a large amo... 08-10-2017
Labels
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
angelag
Community Manager

(1031)

Have an Idea? Let's Talk About It!

Have you used Mozy's Idea Exchange before? Have you even heard of the Idea Exchange before now? Well then, I'm here to tell you more about it and why it's beneficial for you to use it.

Sometimes when you are dealing with a big company it can feel like your opinion doesn't matter. Trust me, here at Mozy we totally understand that feeling. There's not likely a single person working here who hasn't had to deal with other companies in our daily lives and been frustrated with the lack of response to our feedback.

We don't want that for you.

We want you to feel heard, and we really genuinely want to hear your feedback. After all, our customers are not only the thing that keeps us going, but they're also one of the biggest sources of feedback. We want the product to work the best it can for all of you. So we created our Idea Exchange in order to give you a place to make your voice heard, leave us feedback, and point out any bugs or fixes we need to implement.

Here are a few things you can use the Idea Exchange for:

• Feature Enhancement Requests: Is there something you wish the backup client would let you do or something you feel would make the restore process smoother? Maybe you just need additional functionality in your account home page? Leave your request in the Idea Exchange! Our developers regularly check the Idea Exchange for ideas on what they should implement first.
  • Respond to Others' Requests: Like an idea someone else has for improvements to the software? Leave a comment or like it to let us know you're behind it! The more people who want it, the more likely it moves up on our list of things to improve or functionalities to implement!
  • Inform Us of Bugs: Is the client or your account not working the way it should? Let us know in the Idea Exchange so we can look into it. I would also recommend you reach out to Support with any bugs you find, but the Idea Exchange is a good place to start and to check if it's already been reported.
  • Provide Suggestions to Other Users: Maybe the issue you found is reported, there's already a thread in the Idea Exchange for it, and you have a work around that you've been able to complete. Suggest it for our other users and technicians also! They'll be grateful for a work around, and the developers might be able to use your suggestion to further create a fix for the issue.

Remember, your voice is important so speak up and let us know what you'd like to see happen at Mozy. Your voice drives our urgency, and enhancements have been pushed out faster just because enough customers let us know they wanted it in the Idea Exchange. Happy exchanging!

Comments
ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@angelag - Thanks for updating everyone on our Idea Exchange forum!

Please let us know if you have any ideas. We would love to hear from you! 

Take care!

Shawn

username...

Master Level 1

(3043)

I thought that there was a cleanup of the Ideas sub-forum in the 2014/2015 timeframe. The cleanup was to move Ideas from "Being Discussed" into some final category. This 2013 post is still languishing in the dreaded "Being Discussed" category. That post came to light again due to this post.

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@username_issues - Let me get some eyes on the config question and see what we can find out.

JaredG

(580)

@angelag

Thanks Angela, I love the blog and thank you for the update!  @username_issues  I did post a reply to your question on "this post" that you mentioned.

Thank you,

username...

Master Level 1

(3043)

Wayward
Overlord Level 1

(684)

I have a couple of Ideas (needs/wishes, for me).  Both have been discussed a number of times, over the years ... but both always seem to be dead on arrival (a.k.a.DOA).

I didn't dig through the full Idea Exchange like username_issues ... but they are buried back there somewhere.  Since you asked .... here are the lingering two ...

Ability to share a Mozy Sync  file or folder, by providing a link to the third party.  This is available on several competing sync programs.

Ability to include the Mozy Sync folder in the 2xProtect local backup.  I have an absolute requirement for a full local backup and this would prevent my need to use a third party backup program, in addition to Mozy Sync, in order to meet this requirement.

The last I heard, neither are under consideration but since you asked .... I'll get back on Speaker's Corner soap box.

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@Wayward - Thanks for all your feedback today! I will search through our Idea Exchange and see if these suggestions have been posted before. I'm certain the Sync file share has been mentioned before as it would be an excellent addition to the product. 

If not, then we can always start a new thread in the Idea Exchange. I'll get back to you today. 

@username_issues & @Wayward - If you have a moment, we would love to hear your feedback on our more recent Idea Exchange posts as well as the latest webinar

Thanks!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@Wayward - Looks like there are multiple Sync File share requests. Let me update one, mark it as Being Discussed and bring this request back up with the developers.

http://community.mozy.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Share-Mozy-Sync-File/idc-p/82399#M2063

Still tracking the other request!

Edit - Posting the correct link!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@Wayward - I believe this is the correct Idea Exchange post in regard to Mozy 2xProtect and Sync? 

http://community.mozy.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Provide-Local-Backup-Option-for-Mozy-Sync-File/idi-p/8237...

If so, I will bring this one up again with the developers. 

Thanks!

Wayward
Overlord Level 1

(684)

@ShawnL... Yes, this is the correct link to a good Idea Exchange post about Mozy Sync and 2xProtect local backup.  I see you have marked it as Being Discussed.  Thanks.

http://community.mozy.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Provide-Local-Backup-Option-for-Mozy-Sync-File/idi-p/8237...

As you can see in the discussion ... the Mozy comment at the time was Not Currently Planned and Not On The Road Map.  If I recall correctly, there was a community discussion about Mozy Backup being very stable and there was great reluctance to mess with that. 

Very, very understandable and that is why I have been using an alternative software solution to backup up the Mozy Sync folder to a local drive.  It is an absolute requirement for me ... not sure about many others.

I had kind of let the idea fade to blue, since I have a personal solution.  However, I think it is very important for any discussion of Mozy Backup, in conjunction with 2xProtect, to remind users that if they choose to use 2xProtect, the Mozy Sync folder is not included.

I appreciate your feedback on this item.

Wayward
Overlord Level 1

(684)

@ShawnL ... in an earlier post you said:

======================

Wayward - Looks like there are multiple Sync File share requests. Let me update one, mark it as Being Discussed and bring this request back up with the developers.

http://community.mozy.com/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/Re-Cannot-find-Outlook-PST-files-to-schedule-backup/td...

=======================

Looks like this post is is in the Community about finding Outlook PST files ... and not about sharing Mozy Sync files.  There are several in Community and probably, at least one in Idea Exchange ... it has been a while since this was addressed.

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@Wayward - Great catch! I probably just copied and pasted the wrong link. My apologies but I will update that one!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

Remember, if you already see your idea posted in the Idea Exchange, feel free to leave a comment on another users suggestion. The more feedback we get from our customer's on a certain request the easier it will be push through to development. 

Thanks everyone!