Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...
angelag
Community Manager

(1054)

Adding Storage to Your Plan

It's pretty common for the size of your backup to grow over time. You're likely constantly saving new files, pictures, and other data to the machine that is increasing the number of important files on your computer that need to be backed up. This may mean after some time that you need to increase the quota on your Mozy account and add more storage, so today we're going to talk about how to do just that.

shutterstock_121517203.jpg

Adding Storage on MozyHome

If you're a MozyHome customer, follow these steps to add more storage to your plan.

1. Log in at www.mozy.com/login

ManageAccount.PNG

1. Click on your name/username in the upper right hand corner
  2. Select Manage Account from the drop down

MyPlan.PNG

1. Click on My Plan from the left hand Account Pages menu
  2. Choose Upgrade Current from under the Current Plan section

UpdateCurrent.PNG

1. You can increase your base plan next to the Base Plan section, or you can just add more storage in increments of 20GB next to Additional Storage
  2. Click Continue
  3. Verify the changes and additional charges on the next screen, then choose Submit

For more information, see: How can I add additional storage space? - MozyHome

Adding Storage on MozyPro

If you have a MozyPro account, follow these steps to add storage.

1. Log in as the Administrator at www.mozy.com/login
  2. Click on Change Plan from the left hand menu under Resources

Depending on your plan, you can upgrade or add storage in the Change Plan screen. If you have any questions regarding the billing options, your plan, or pricing options; please reach out to your Sales Account Manager by contacting Sales.

With MozyPro, you may have storage limits for your User Groups, Users, and machines. If you have any of these limits in place, you will need to adjust them after purchasing space in order for the Users/machines to see and access the newly purchased storage.

For more information on assigning storage, see: How to Assign Storage to User Groups, Users, and Machines

For more information on purchasing resources, see: How do I add resources? - MozyPro

Have any questions? Concerns? Recommendations for a future blog topic? Leave it in the comments below!

Don't forget to enter our current Community Contest for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!

Comments

Tignassin

Visitor

So if I acccidentally chose the upgrade storage option for the renewal date, then it won't go in automatically? If I do Upgrade Current can I cancel the renewal upgrade instead? MozyHome user

Tignassin

Visitor

So if I acccidentally chose the upgrade storage option for the renewal date, then it won't go in automatically? If I do Upgrade Current can I cancel the renewal upgrade instead? MozyHome user so need a fairly quick answer here

JaredG

(581)

Tignassin

Yes, the renewal upgrade will only take affect on the renewal date and may always be changed the until the date set for the upgrade, and only "Upgrade Current" will take affect immediately.

I hope this answers your question.

JaredG

(581)

Thank you for the great blog on adding storage to an account!

BruceBanner

Visitor

Can you effectively give a group or user no storage? Asking for a friend...

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@angelag - Thanks for posting this Angie! 

@BruceBanner - You can give a group, user or machine zero storage however if they have active machines it will prohibit them from backing up. Is there a particular reason you would want to do this? Just curious. Smiley Happy

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

All of our previous blogs and webinars can be found in the link below:

Mozy Blogs

Mozy Webinars

Should you have any questions, please let us know in the comments.

BruceBanner

Visitor

Well honestly I was just wondering if we could "turn off" someones backup and I suppose that's an option. Thanks

angelag
Community Manager

(1054)

@BruceBanner,

With MozyPro, an administrator you can actually suspend a user or group if you want to as well. It's different than giving them no storage, but if you're collecting payment from a customer on your account and they haven't paid, it's a great way to disable their backups until they pay their bill or until you delete/remove them from the account entirely.

Don't forget to register for the community so we can more accurately respond to you. Smiley Happy

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

If you have a moment, check out the latest community contest and tell us your personal story of a time when Mozy was really there for you. We want to hear about that time you thought all was lost, but luckily you had Mozy backup to restore your files. Leave your personal story in the comments below for a chance to win. All you have to do is leave a comment on our Community Feedback Giveaway blog post to enter to win $50!

Community Contest

Thank you so very much for being an essential part of our Community.