Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Check out our latest contest. This is open to all of our community members and it's just as easy as all of the others! Take a look at the contest page for more details.
Ted_Haeger
(260)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Welcome

About the Beta

For a short period, Mozy is conducting a public beta of the Mozy app for Android. Our objective for the beta is to have several MozyHome users try out the app and provide us with early feedback on it. The beta is one way that we ensure that the app performs well when it is publicly released.

With this first version the Mozy app for Android, our goal is simple. We want to provide MozyHome customers an app for accessing their files backed up to Mozy. There are some very cool features, such as emailing a file, opening in other applications, and viewing photos and sharing them to other apps (such as Flickr or Facebook). But we kept the feature set lean because we hope to update frequently based on user feedback. This version is the beginning of something that we plan to update regularly.

Terms for Participation

We ask all participants to comply with the following.

• Provide feedback through the Mozy Support forum for the Android Public Beta
  • If you wish to publish a review, please wait until the app is available in the Android Market (targeted for mid-April)

Set Up

System Requirements

To use the Mozy app for Android beta you must have the following:

• MozyHome account (registered from mozy.com)
  • Android OS 2.0 or later
  • Device not from AT&T (Many devices from AT&T are cannot be set to allow non-Market apps).

Installation

Tne v1.0 beta has ended. Please get the official release from the Android Market.

Note Do not attempt to install directly from an email attachment as there is an Android bug that causes a "cannot parse package" install error.

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management

Re: Welcome

If you have a QRCode reader installed, this will direct you to the (short)link above:

QR Code

Eric

USFISO
Elite Level 2
(23)

Re: Android Beta feedback

Really, great, happy to have this, and doing side-by-side comparisons on i-Pad, i-Phone, etc.

One thing I've encountered, is that after a period of time, when launching the Android App, it crashes immediately, and requires rebooting the entire Android (HTC 4G Sprint) phone again before having a successful launch.

Thanks again, looking forward to seeing the evolution. 

PS- as a MozyPro shop, people are already clammoring for the functionality- as they are currently forced to use Dropbox to get items to their mobile devices.

Ted_Haeger
(260)

Re: Android Beta feedback

USFISO:

We want to look into the crash issue you report. Have you noticed any particular action(s) that bring about the bad state? It will help our testers home in on how to reproduce the problem.

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
hutchero
Cook
(0)

so far so good. Download works like a charm.

Only thing i've noticed is that the login screen doesn't rotate when I turn the phone (which is annoying as I have a keyboard on the htc evo shift)

PS the 'shift' & 'FN' keys on this forum only work if I'm holding them down, no biggie, just annoying

Mjags1
Cook
(0)

ahbleza
Cook
(0)

The Android app downloaded and installed fine on my Samsung Galaxy Tab, and I was able to authenticate successfully.  Any attempt to access files (within the /user/myname folder) failed with the message:

"A network error occurred.  Please check your connection settings and try again."

Dropbox works fine -- I am using WiFi.  I switched to 3G, and the same error occurs.

Basically, the Android app seems useless at this moment, but maybe servers are down, so I will try later.

Ted_Haeger
(260)

ahbleza:

Thanks for the report on the Network Error issue. We're working on it, but it's one of those intermittent issues that can be hard to nail down. We're closing in on our release, so you may still see it occasionally in the first release.

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
klc
Assassin
(6)

I am still seeing this error and have never not seen it.  Are there any updates?  The app is currently useful for me.

Thanks,

Kevin

Ted_Haeger
(260)

klc:

If the error always shows for you, I'll need you to take a couple steps so that we can troubleshoot.

First, if you're still using the beta app, please remove it from your device. Once removed, get the official release version from the Android Market.

Next, if the error still happens on that version, we'll need to get Support involved by starting a post in the official Support board. (My apologies if that seems an extra step, but being for the beta, this board is somehwat outside of the normal Support channel.)

Scratch that, looks like you already did.

Thanks,

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management