We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy Enterprise - default number of devices per user?

Is there a way to set he default number of devices available per user? I am always having to go into accounts and change the available number of devices to 2 in order to free up licenses for new machine configurations.

Turned out there was an issue with our licensing on the backend that had to be handled by Mozy.

0 Reps

Re: Mozy Enterprise - default number of devices per user?

Thanks for reaching out. I see that you are reporting to a particular business. For confidentially purposes I cannot reveal much within this forum. Other than I would suggest you reach out to the Administrator of the account. Right now your user is assigned to only have a maximum of 2 users. The Administrator can change that value to a higher number if you prefer. However this will involve re-organizing the group you report to (Default Mozy Users).

Let me know if you need anything else answered!

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps

Re: Mozy Enterprise - default number of devices per user?

1. I am one of the admins, and none of the others knew if it could be done, either.

2. I don't see any way to change this default via the admin console, and nothing within the default group specifically.

3. Is there a way to change the default number of devices, or just the default storage space?

I'm not looking for specifics here, just general guidance as to whether it can even be done.

0 Reps