Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
New from the Blog: How the Backup Process Works
Have you ever wondered what exactly is happening when you start a Mozy backup? This article explains the process in detail.

Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
kmanorek
Warrior
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Exclude Invalid files from backup sets

It would be a nice feature to be able to exclude files and/or folders containing invalid characters in the Mozy Enterprise Portal Client Configuration instead of only locally on the user workstation.  Any chance this can be added to a future client release?  

Currently these files are not backed up and while all other valid files are saved, the backup status shows as failed.  This doesn't give a clear picture of why it failed and skews reporting.

PTNubs
(271)

Re: Exclude Invalid files from backup sets

@kmanorek

If you know which characters you are having some files failing with, we can show you how to make a backup set rule from the Client Configuration to exclude those files.

Please contact Support and we can walk you through the steps to make that rule.

Thanks.

Peter M
Community Moderator
ShawnL
Community Manager
(488)

Re: Exclude Invalid files from backup sets - Status changed to: Need More Information

Shawn L.
Community Manager
ShawnL
Community Manager
(488)

@kmanorek - For information on contacting support, please see the link below:

What are my options when I need to contact support?

Thanks!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
ShawnL
Community Manager
(488)

@kmanorek - Did you need any additional assistance with this request?

Shawn L.
Community Manager
kmanorek
Warrior
(5)

I have posted comments twice in this thread but they never appear. What am I doing wrong? If this one works than maybe I wasn't logged in... let's see.
kmanorek
Warrior
(5)

Ok let me try posting again. I have already contacted support and was given the information related to creating a "contains" rule in the client but not on web portal in the Client Configuration Backup Sets. There is no "contain" option only include/exclude. This is what I'm looking for, the ability to use this option in a backup set, not the individual client. Unless there's a way to configure it during the Mozy client install or using a script. Thanks
PTNubs
(271)

@kmanorek

From the web portal, you will use an include rule to have the backup set capture the files in question.

After you set the rules, there is an option to "Exclude from the final backup set."

Make sure that is checked. That will tell the backup set to capture those files and NOT back them up.

Peter M
Community Moderator
ShawnL
Community Manager
(488)

@kmanorek - Did @PTNubs suggestion help?

Shawn L.
Community Manager
ShawnL
Community Manager
(488)

Re: Exclude Invalid files from backup sets - Status changed to: Need More Information

Shawn L.
Community Manager