Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
The Mozy Blog: Windows 10, FilterError0, and Digitally Signed Driver Errors
A new update has been released for the Windows client that resolves some issues users were experiencing with Windows 10. Check out the latest blog for details!

April's Webinar: Protecting Your Data From Attack
In case you missed it, April's webinar has been posted!

Looking for support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
chetman
Warrior
(8)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Email by exception only

I see I can configure a bunch of reports, and one of them is a sort of "trouble" report that can be configured to show machines that haven't backed up to Mozy.com in X days.

That's almost what I want. But here's the problem: There's no way to set it up so that it only emails me if there's a problem. As is, right now it's going to email me every night, and when there's no issue it's going to email me an empty table.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but that's just silly. I get lots of automated email. Anyone with any sys admin responsibilities does, so *very quickly* most of us realize that the right thing to do is configure fairly infrequent but periodic status updates (weekly or monthly) plus much MORE frequent checks for problems that email ONLY if there's a problem.

Mozy appears to think I need an email no matter what. This doesn't work for me. Please address it. I want to know an overall status every week, but I want to know immediately if a machine is having trouble, and I want to do it without Mozy blindly firing off empty reports every night. Please help.

HashemH
(262)
Solution

Re: Email by exception only

chetman - We are aware of this and I have personally requested an enhancement which is currently in the hands of our developers and I do not have any further updates on it as of yet.

If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy community.

Term and conditions
http://mozy.com/terms

Latest Download
https://mozy.com/download/
Moofer
Cook
(2)

I second the motion.

An alert should contain information of substance.

I thought I'd finally found one actually useful report, and then got this. Talk about crying wolf!

An admin can have dozens of servers sending alerts. TG all my other server apps can be set just to report problems of any type (such as the previous Mozy Mac build simply not even attempting to backup) .

Begin forwarded message:
Machines that haven't been backed up in the last 1 day:
 No machines.
Machines using over 90% of their quota:
 No machines.

OldGeek
Cook
(0)

Obviously, an internal enhancement request is not a "SOLUTION".  When will the enhancement be implemented? 

carlco
(159)

Hi there,

Enhancement requests have no guarantee of making it into the product. When the next build is being put together (whether it is the client or the admin console etc) We look at any bug fixes that need to be implemented then look at the enhancement requests made and see what we can put in. The particular request you have made has been made by other users so it has a higher chance of being programmed in. However if the feature gets added there is no way of giving you an ETA as we do not know what features are going to be added with each version until just before release.

Thank you,

Carl Cochran
Mozy L2 Support Engineer
NSNW
Cook
(0)

We have been waiting over 2 years for email alerts to be finished. The original email alerts have always been in beta....and were supposed to be 'going away in the near future' over 6 months ago. The reporting features are nice, but we do not need to receive emails with a blank table because no machines matched the specified criteria. I opened a case 5 months ago for this very issue, but haven't seen any updates or progress made.
wmeigs
Cook
(0)

I'd like to chime in, too.

I really don't like getting empty warnings!

I also like the "email beta alerts" because, when the info is in the body of the email, they are very quick to assess.

Getting an alert that says nothing until I open the attachment in Excel only to find out it still says nothing, eats up a lot of time and energy and that is frustrating. Even that procedure would be o.k. if only I could filter the email alerts to some threshold such as 3Gb storage space remaining before an alert is sent.

Thanks for your attention. This is important!

CM_Denali
Cook
(0)

This ^^^^

We've been promised improvements to the new reporting system for months.  Not only are there no improvements to the new reports, the Email Alerts appear to be ending in a few weeks.

This is a serious issue.  Please implement a way to get email warnings ONLY when something is wrong.

chetman
Warrior
(8)

Seriously. I reported this issue OVER TWO YEARS AGO and they can't see fit to fix it. 

That's really disconcerting and irritating. Clearly, they don't give a **bleep** about this request.