Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Mozy Reseller Bites Ransomware with Mozy Backup and Restore
Check out how a pet store used Mozy to recover from a ransomware attack.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
MIDS
Spy
(3)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Backup does not correctly reflect quota

My Mozy Backup seems to be failing because the "quotas" that it sees on my server are different that the quotas I see on the admin panel.  Any ideas on what I need to do to get them in sync?  I already tried rebooting my server.

Thanks,

- Ed

Mobile ID Solutions

Your one source for HID Proximity Cards

0 Reps
BretA
(162)

Re: Backup does not correctly reflect quota

@MIDS 

Based on what you've described, it sounds like you're experiencing an issue where there are files that the local admin profile does not have permissions to. It's not too uncommon and it virtually only happens on servers with multi-user shares. It also only occurs with files that reside within a folder that has been entirely selected for backup.

When you're viewing Mozy's Settings window, it's running with the privileges of the currently logged in admin profile, and will display and count all of the files that the admin profile has access to. When the backup runs, it does so as the SYSTEM profile, which has access to everything. So when the backup applies the selection rules, which indicated that everything within some folder should be backed up, it obtains a handle to every file under that folder and backs them up.

Tracing the problem files can be difficult depending on how many folders you've selected using the File System tab, or through custom Backup Sets. The process is to open Mozy's Settings window and determine all of the folders that have been entirely selected; indicated by a check mark in a white box in the File System tab. Then sign in to your account and bring up the web restore page for the affected machine, and navigate to one of the folders found above. Select it and see what the reported size of it is. Then on the server, navigate to the actual local folder and right-click it and select Properties. Compare the reported size with the size Mozy reported. If they're the same, move on to the next.

In your case, I was able to obtain your configurations and it appears there is only one local folder selected using the File System tab and the rest are network shares. So on your server, go to C:\Applications and right-click QuoteWerks and select Properties and check the size and file count. It should be close to 307578 files @ 3.31GB (a small difference in number of files is normal as there could be system files that are blacklisted by Mozy).

Please let us know what you find and we'll investigate further if necessary.

-BretA

0 Reps
MIDS
Spy
(3)

BretA,

Thanks for your response - but I think my problem my be simpler than that.  Why does the screenshot of my admin panel show 29GB while the Mozy Status screen only show 25GB?

- Ed

0 Reps
BretA
(162)
Solution

@MIDS 

Your account has a total of 29GB, but a limit of 25GB was set on the user. Sign in to the Admin Console and click Search / List Users from the left side of the page, then click on the user's email address. In the window that opens below, look for the line that says: Server User Storage Limit: 25 GB. Following that line are two links; click on the Remove link. Once that is done, you can run another backup and the machine will use the full amount available on the account.

-BretA

MIDS
Spy
(3)

Worked Perfectly!  Thanks again for your help!

- Ed 

www.mobileidsolutions.com